…combined with the proliferation of channels and sophistication of consumers require for an even more complex, nuanced and insightful marketing approach to effectively reach consumers.
We identify growth opportunities and provide marketing solutions and consumer insights to U.S. companies seeking growth in the Polycultural markets of the U.S., Canada, and the complex markets of Latin America.
Our approaches are unique, client customized, precise and transcend language, culture and borders.
We provide holistic, culturally nuanced knowledge, preparedness, and marketing support and innovation to Fortune 1000’s, and leading U.S. companies.
We Increase Brand Share and help preserve and protect Brand Equity.
SJC fuels itself on passion, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and dedication.
- We are committed to our clients, our employees and the communities we serve
- We provide innovative and efficient solutions for our peers and clients
- We are accountable for our work, standing behind our recommendations
- We are committed to attracting the best people in our industry
- We stand behind honest marketing strategies that adhere to the basis of social responsibility
- We provide excellence in all we do
Corporate responsibility is an essential element of our business philosophy. We believe that helping to train our economically disadvantaged citizens today makes for an improved tomorrow…for all of us.
Whether it is computer classes for adults, English as a second language, or improving quality of life, we partner with community support networks and provide computers, equipment and supplies, supporting our local communities.
The companies we affiliate with abide by the same philosophy, offering services that benefit their communities by promoting events to help local charities and associations within each of their respective geographies.
Chairman and COO of The San Jose Network, founded in 1992. A conglomerate of marketing communications and research agencies throughout the Americas.
Specialist and expert in the development of hundreds of award-winning branding strategies for Fortune 500 companies looking to extend their markets and brand success in diverse consumers and complex markets. Clients include SC Johnson, Anheuser Busch, Coca-Cola, Motorola, ATA, Kraft Foods, Exelon, National Pork Board, Abbott, Grainger.
Recognized by Advertising Age, USA Today and Crain’s Who’s Who as an industry visionary.
A frequent speaker and author on advertising, marketing, communications strategies and protector of the brand USP. Contributor to four books on the standards and practices of Multicultural advertising and creative marketing strategies.
Specializes in Risk and Reputation Management. Spent 10 years leading the US Corporate Reputation practice at Ogilvy where he developed agency-wide best practices as well as working with clients such as LG Electronics, PepsiCo, CNA Insurance, Quintiles, Zebra Technologies and BP on issues management assignments.
Achievements at Ogilvy include the re-engineering of the agency’s approach to building clients’ reputation and a comprehensive crisis management methodology, including the adoption of the agency’s first mobile crisis app.
Before Ogilvy, Mike spent 13 years at global PR agency Ketchum in senior reputation and crisis management roles, including seven years in the London office and six years from 1999 in the Chicago office. UK client experience includes Xerox, British Telecom, Carlsberg, McDonalds and US experience includes HSBC, FedEx and Deloitte.
Diverse brand and reputation experience developing internal and external communications strategies for Corporate America. Expert story teller across integrated full-service earned, shared and owned media campaigns.
Expertise in strategy and message development for leading U.S. companies including Hyatt Hotels, Safeway, Del Monte, Kaiser Permanente, Stericycle, Abbott and Tropicana.
Believes the message content is as critical as the medium. Influences the influencers to collaborate on stories that explain the “why” and that bring the highest level of credibility for brand integrity and awareness, thought leadership and lead generation from diverse corporate communications strategies.
Works hand in hand with leaders to shape their ideas and articulate them to the most important audiences in the channels that matter most.
Story teller, entrepreneur and adjunct professor. Board member of Rollins College and the Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation (Northwestern Medicine).
Researcher and policy analyst that works in the fields of organizational and leadership development, education, mental health and public health.
Former administrator in the States of Illinois, Connecticut, Ohio and Washington DC.
Holds six degrees and two post-doctoral certificates from various universities that include Harvard University, the University of California at Berkeley, University of Michigan, University of Illinois and Southern CT State University.
Over 50 articles, papers and monographs in education, public health, mental health, and organizational development, including authorship of book on Latino desegregation trends and past editor-in-chief of two journals.
Serves as acting President over Innovative Consultants International, Inc., an R&D firm located in Washington DC. Founder of international joint venture, IC-Avar JV, LLC; member of several national boards.
Listed in Who’s Who in the World; Who’s Who in American Education; Who’s Who in the Southwest; and American Men of Achievement.
Serves The San Jose Network as CEO of a private-held MARCOM group in Latin America, specializing in Government Affairs, travel & hospitality and entertainment sectors.
Expert in communications, strategic marketing, and executing communication strategies throughout Latin America.
Holds the representation of Turner Broadcasting Systems for Paraguay, producer and Journalist for TV and Newspapers.
Founder of “Artes sin Fronteras,” a collaborative association made up of artists from South America.
Frequent lecturer at business conferences, seminars and universities.
Managing Director of The Trans-Canada Advertising Agency Network (T-CAAN). Founded in 1963, T-CAAN is Canada’s oldest and most extensive network of independent advertising, marketing and communication agencies.
Over 25 years of progressive experience in the advertising and marketing communications industry, with a focus on branding, strategic planning, public relations and creative development.
Past President of the Society of Ontario Advertising Agencies (SOAA), and a regular guest speaker, college lecturer and contributing writer on marketing, technology and a range of brand communications topics.
Eighteen-year career in integrated marketing, account management and in-market execution.
Category experience spans across food, pharmaceutical, financial services, health and beauty, hospitality, industrial and manufacturing locally and internationally.
Client experience includes Procter & Gamble, Mead Johnson, 3M, Grupo Modelo, Kraft Foods, DuPont, British American Tobacco, AstraZeneca, BMS, Diageo, Monsanto, Loctite, amongst others.
Experience developing marketing programs in Latin America.
Specialty in Multicultural Markets in the U.S. and Mexico.
Bilingual and bicultural clinician specializing in Latin America and the impact of political, economic and social issues has on individuals’ psyches.
Recognized with numerous honors and awards for her work in Multicultural, gender, and trauma psychology.
Authored and co-authored publications on issues relating to refugees, internally displaced people, political violence and human trafficking.
Media appearances include NBC News, CBS News, the Miami Herald, amongst others.
Academic Director of Part-Time MBA Programs & Clinical Assistant Professor of Business Administration at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
Expertise in consumer behavior, marketing research, international marketing and international business education.
Experience in more than fifty universities, government agencies, and both for-profit and not-for-profit in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa.
These are uncertain times. Political, economic and social changes domestically and globally are unprecedented, and now, more than ever, corporate and government leaders need seasoned navigators who are able to bring an outside global perspective and insight to the boardroom and C-Suite.
In today’s digital era, everyone has the ability to become a publisher of their own thoughts, and affinity groups have the means to organize overnight. Just think about it… we have become global tribes, instantaneously able to share our likes and dislikes with people all around the world.
The power of communication and persuasion has shifted from a select few to the masses, and the masses are not as homogeneous as they once were. Together, these proliferated voices of our Polycultural societies make up the new faces and minds of America.
I’ve spent three decades leading the transformation of multiple segment challenges into defined brand share growth and measurable revenue for F1000’s. Having witnessed firsthand the catastrophic effects that “Cultural Blindness” can have on brands and Shareholder value, I have assembled a team of best-in-class experts from varying disciplines to provide a holistic, competitive advantage to those corporations seeking knowledge, preparedness and capacity to anticipate and protect against cultural blindness and these risks.
There is a saying that “Leaders are like eagles; you find them one at a time.” Perhaps these are not uncertain times after all but times where expert navigators are able to strategize, predict and protect by seeing what others don’t see—as eagles do.
George L. San Jose
Founder & CEO
Our team consists of the most senior experts in their fields and includes the varying disciplines required to provide holistic hemispheric solutions for Fortune 1000’s and leading U.S. companies.
Our strategic, immediate and long-term solutions are unique, company customized, precise and transcend culture, language and borders.
423 E Ohio St, Suite 507
Chicago, IL 60611
- Curated Intelligence(TM): An Almost Unfair Advantage.Curated Intelligence(TM): An Almost Unfair Advantage.The Vice President at my client was agitated. A new competitor had been positioning itself as the market leader in signing contracts with the National Institutes of Health and the National Cancer Institute with noticeable press coverage and a well-delivered marketing message. “I want to know if they really are competition ... read more
- The emergence of the power of our Polycultural Society fueled by the chasm in Social EconomicsThe emergence of the power of our Polycultural Society fueled by the chasm in Social EconomicsThe digital revolution has fueled the emergence of the voices that make up our Polycultural society, and their strength and power are louder than words. Its economic …and increasing! While corporate and government leaders may have prepared more adequately to adjust and respond to the not-so-new emerging trends, they did ... read more
- Why Traditional Risk Methodologies are One Step Behind the Real WorldWhy Traditional Risk Methodologies are One Step Behind the Real WorldBy Mike Hatcliffe Here’s the headline from the front page of the Chicago Tribune’s section on Sunday July 3rd: ‘POLITICAL CUBICLES: Taboo on elections as workplace topic may be fading but gray areas remain’. The story under the headline talks to the changing and noisy political times that have descended ... read more
- Bojangles’ Names Gary Vaynerchuk to Board of DirectorsBojangles’ Names Gary Vaynerchuk to Board of DirectorsAccomplished entrepreneur adds all-star experience to brand leadership. Bojangles', Inc. announced today it has added Gary Vaynerchuk, a serial ... read more
- Boeing’s Board Shouldn’t Escape Blame in 737 Max ScandalBoeing’s Board Shouldn’t Escape Blame in 737 Max ScandalThis may have been overlooked, but the Boeing board of directors did Wells Fargo a big favor in 2019; it provided Wells' directors with real competition in the race for the worst failure of leadership among major American corporate boards. The failure came, of course, from an epic disaster: two ... read more
- Boeing Announces David Calhoun as its New CEO
- Mandalay Bay, MGM Grand Sold to Joint Venture in $4.6B DealMandalay Bay, MGM Grand Sold to Joint Venture in $4.6B DealMandalay Bay, MGM Grand Sold to Joint Venture in $4.6B Deal MGM Resorts will lease both properties for an initial rent of $292 million. MGM Resorts International is selling Las Vegas properties MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay to a joint venture in a deal valuing the properties at $4.6 billion, ... read more
- Benjamin McLean appointed to UFPI Board of DirectorsBenjamin McLean appointed to UFPI Board of DirectorsGRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Jan. 13, UFP Industries (Nasdaq: UFPI), formerly known as Universal Forest Products, today announced that Benjamin McLean, CEO of Des Moines, Iowa-based Ruan Transportation Management Systems, Inc., was appointed to its Board of Directors ... read more
- BioDirection®, Inc. Appoints Dr. Jean-Luc Boulnois to its Board of DirectorsBioDirection®, Inc. Appoints Dr. Jean-Luc Boulnois to its Board of DirectorsBOSTON, Jan. 9, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- BioDirection, Inc., a privately held medical device company developing cutting-edge and rapid point-of-care ... read more
- Former Wells Fargo CEO Fined, Banned From Industry for Life Over Fake Accounts ScandalFormer Wells Fargo CEO Fined, Banned From Industry for Life Over Fake Accounts ScandalFormer Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf agreed to a lifetime ban from the banking industry and a $17.5 million fine on Thursday, a result of the fake accounts scandal that roiled Wells Fargo when he ran the bank... ... read more
- JP Morgan chief Jamie Dimon Becomes Best-Paid Bank Boss For Fifth YearJP Morgan chief Jamie Dimon Becomes Best-Paid Bank Boss For Fifth YearDimon has been running JP Morgan since 2005 and was credited with guiding it through the financial crisis relatively unscathed, building what he described as a 'fortress balance sheet'. But he has been rocked by a series of scandals in recent years. JP Morgan lost £4.3billion after trades by the ... read more
- JPMorgan Chase: CEO James Dimon’s Compensation Rises to $31.5 Million –JPMorgan Chase: CEO James Dimon’s Compensation Rises to $31.5 Million –JPMorgan Chase & Co. paid its chief executive, James Dimon, $31.5 million for his work in 2019, a 1.6% boost, as the bank set fresh records in profit and stock price. The pay includes $6.5 million in cash, including salary and bonus, and $25 million in stock grants that would ... read more
- MDC Partners Appoints Wade Oosterman to Board of DirectorsMDC Partners Appoints Wade Oosterman to Board of DirectorsNEW YORK, Jan. 24, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- (NASDAQ: MDCA) – MDC Partners announced today that Wade Oosterman was elected yesterday to its board of directors ... read more
- TriMas Announces Appointments of Holly Boehne and Teresa Finley to Board of DirectorsTriMas Announces Appointments of Holly Boehne and Teresa Finley to Board of DirectorsTriMas (NASDAQ: TRS) announced today that its Board of Directors , as part of a Board refresh plan, has appointed Holly Boehne and Teresa Finley ... read more
- Guess & Co. Corporation Announces Current Board of DirectorsGuess & Co. Corporation Announces Current Board of DirectorsMIAMI, Jan. 24, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Guess & Co. Corporation is pleased to announce its current Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is responsible for overall governance of Guess & Co. Corporation... ... read more
- Congratulations to BoardProspects Member Jim Barr!Congratulations to BoardProspects Member Jim Barr!
- Global Blood Therapeutics Appoints Dawn Svoronos to Board of DirectorsGlobal Blood Therapeutics Appoints Dawn Svoronos to Board of DirectorsGlobal Blood Therapeutics, Inc. (GBT) (NASDAQ: GBT) today announced the appointment of Dawn Svoronos to the company's board of directors ... read more
- New Webinar: 5 Blunt Reasons Your Board Search Has Been UnsuccessfulNew Webinar: 5 Blunt Reasons Your Board Search Has Been UnsuccessfulWe are excited to share with you our newest BoardU webinar, that renowned boardroom expert Adam J. Epstein created exclusively for BoardProspects -- "5 Blunt Reasons Your Board Search Has Been Unsuccessful." Visit BoardUniversity to view this informative webinar. ... read more
- Companies Adopt Rooney Rule, Add Women and Minorities to Boards as Midwest Investors Diversity Initiative Gains MomentumCompanies Adopt Rooney Rule, Add Women and Minorities to Boards as Midwest Investors Diversity Initiative Gains Momentum(GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Midwest Investors Diversity Initiative (“MIDI”), an 11-member institutional investor coalition with more than $750 billion in assets under ... read more
- Alison Gleeson Elected to Elastic’s Board of DirectorsAlison Gleeson Elected to Elastic’s Board of DirectorsElastic N.V. (NYSE: ESTC), the company behind Elasticsearch and the Elastic Stack, announced that its shareholders elected Alison Gleeson to the company's board of directors ... read more
- The ‘Prevailing Challenge’ That’s Keeping the C-suite From Being DiverseThe ‘Prevailing Challenge’ That’s Keeping the C-suite From Being DiverseIf anyone questions whether corporate America lacks diversity, the fact that there only four black CEOs in the Fortune 500 — Merck’s Kenneth Frazier, TIAA’s Roger Ferguson, Tapestry’s Jide J. Zeitlin, and Marvin Ellison of Lowes — should serve as proof of that fact. The Executive Leadership Council is a ... read more
- Activist Shareholder Group Sells Entire Primo Water StakeActivist Shareholder Group Sells Entire Primo Water StakeIt didn’t take long for the shareholder group pressuring Primo Water Corp.’s board of directors and management to cash out after the company announced Monday it was being bought in a deal valued at $755 million. Activist hedge-fund group Legion Partners LP of Beverly Hills, Calif., reported in a regulatory ... read more
- CFOs Dealt With a Record Number of Activist Investors in 2019CFOs Dealt With a Record Number of Activist Investors in 2019Across the globe, a record 147 investors (up from 131 in 2018) launched new activist campaigns in 2019, including 43 “first-timers” with no prior activism history, according to Lazard’s annual shareholder activism review... ... read more
- Third Point, Once a Campbell Soup Critic, Now Expresses ConfidenceThird Point, Once a Campbell Soup Critic, Now Expresses ConfidenceAn activist shareholder that once demanded the sale of Campbell Soup Co. now is complimenting the firm's management. What changed? Campbell's stock ... read more
- Osprey Capital, LLC to Acquire BoardProspects.com
- Icahn calls for new leadership at XeroxIcahn calls for new leadership at XeroxIcahn calls for new leadership at Xerox close breaking news Business Icahn calls for new leadership at Xerox Activist investor Carl Icahn on Tuesday called for new leadership at Xerox Corp , the maker of printers and copiers, a day after he named four nominees to the company's board ... read more
- HIGHLIGHTS-Big investors take stakes in Facebook, exit Macy’s in first quarterHIGHLIGHTS-Big investors take stakes in Facebook, exit Macy’s in first quarterMarket 00pm EDT HIGHLIGHTS-Big investors take stakes in Facebook, exit Macy's in first quarter May 15 The following are some of the hot stocks and sectors in which hedge fund managers either took new positions or exited existing positions in the first quarter. The moves by Suvretta Capital Management ... read more