…combined with the proliferation of channels and sophistication of consumers require for an even more complex, nuanced and insightful marketing approach to effectively reach consumers.
We identify growth opportunities and provide marketing solutions and consumer insights to U.S. companies seeking growth in the Polycultural markets of the U.S., Canada, and the complex markets of Latin America.
Our approaches are unique, client customized, precise and transcend language, culture and borders.
We provide holistic, culturally nuanced knowledge, preparedness, and marketing support and innovation to Fortune 1000’s, and leading U.S. companies.
We Increase Brand Share and help preserve and protect Brand Equity.
SJC fuels itself on passion, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and dedication.
- We are committed to our clients, our employees and the communities we serve
- We provide innovative and efficient solutions for our peers and clients
- We are accountable for our work, standing behind our recommendations
- We are committed to attracting the best people in our industry
- We stand behind honest marketing strategies that adhere to the basis of social responsibility
- We provide excellence in all we do
Corporate responsibility is an essential element of our business philosophy. We believe that helping to train our economically disadvantaged citizens today makes for an improved tomorrow…for all of us.
Whether it is computer classes for adults, English as a second language, or improving quality of life, we partner with community support networks and provide computers, equipment and supplies, supporting our local communities.
The companies we affiliate with abide by the same philosophy, offering services that benefit their communities by promoting events to help local charities and associations within each of their respective geographies.
Chairman and COO of The San Jose Network, founded in 1992. A conglomerate of marketing communications and research agencies throughout the Americas.
Specialist and expert in the development of hundreds of award-winning branding strategies for Fortune 500 companies looking to extend their markets and brand success in diverse consumers and complex markets. Clients include SC Johnson, Anheuser Busch, Coca-Cola, Motorola, ATA, Kraft Foods, Exelon, National Pork Board, Abbott, Grainger.
Recognized by Advertising Age, USA Today and Crain’s Who’s Who as an industry visionary.
A frequent speaker and author on advertising, marketing, communications strategies and protector of the brand USP. Contributor to four books on the standards and practices of Multicultural advertising and creative marketing strategies.
Specializes in Risk and Reputation Management. Spent 10 years leading the US Corporate Reputation practice at Ogilvy where he developed agency-wide best practices as well as working with clients such as LG Electronics, PepsiCo, CNA Insurance, Quintiles, Zebra Technologies and BP on issues management assignments.
Achievements at Ogilvy include the re-engineering of the agency’s approach to building clients’ reputation and a comprehensive crisis management methodology, including the adoption of the agency’s first mobile crisis app.
Before Ogilvy, Mike spent 13 years at global PR agency Ketchum in senior reputation and crisis management roles, including seven years in the London office and six years from 1999 in the Chicago office. UK client experience includes Xerox, British Telecom, Carlsberg, McDonalds and US experience includes HSBC, FedEx and Deloitte.
Diverse brand and reputation experience developing internal and external communications strategies for Corporate America. Expert story teller across integrated full-service earned, shared and owned media campaigns.
Expertise in strategy and message development for leading U.S. companies including Hyatt Hotels, Safeway, Del Monte, Kaiser Permanente, Stericycle, Abbott and Tropicana.
Believes the message content is as critical as the medium. Influences the influencers to collaborate on stories that explain the “why” and that bring the highest level of credibility for brand integrity and awareness, thought leadership and lead generation from diverse corporate communications strategies.
Works hand in hand with leaders to shape their ideas and articulate them to the most important audiences in the channels that matter most.
Story teller, entrepreneur and adjunct professor. Board member of Rollins College and the Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation (Northwestern Medicine).
Researcher and policy analyst that works in the fields of organizational and leadership development, education, mental health and public health.
Former administrator in the States of Illinois, Connecticut, Ohio and Washington DC.
Holds six degrees and two post-doctoral certificates from various universities that include Harvard University, the University of California at Berkeley, University of Michigan, University of Illinois and Southern CT State University.
Over 50 articles, papers and monographs in education, public health, mental health, and organizational development, including authorship of book on Latino desegregation trends and past editor-in-chief of two journals.
Serves as acting President over Innovative Consultants International, Inc., an R&D firm located in Washington DC. Founder of international joint venture, IC-Avar JV, LLC; member of several national boards.
Listed in Who’s Who in the World; Who’s Who in American Education; Who’s Who in the Southwest; and American Men of Achievement.
Serves The San Jose Network as CEO of a private-held MARCOM group in Latin America, specializing in Government Affairs, travel & hospitality and entertainment sectors.
Expert in communications, strategic marketing, and executing communication strategies throughout Latin America.
Holds the representation of Turner Broadcasting Systems for Paraguay, producer and Journalist for TV and Newspapers.
Founder of “Artes sin Fronteras,” a collaborative association made up of artists from South America.
Frequent lecturer at business conferences, seminars and universities.
Managing Director of The Trans-Canada Advertising Agency Network (T-CAAN). Founded in 1963, T-CAAN is Canada’s oldest and most extensive network of independent advertising, marketing and communication agencies.
Over 25 years of progressive experience in the advertising and marketing communications industry, with a focus on branding, strategic planning, public relations and creative development.
Past President of the Society of Ontario Advertising Agencies (SOAA), and a regular guest speaker, college lecturer and contributing writer on marketing, technology and a range of brand communications topics.
Eighteen-year career in integrated marketing, account management and in-market execution.
Category experience spans across food, pharmaceutical, financial services, health and beauty, hospitality, industrial and manufacturing locally and internationally.
Client experience includes Procter & Gamble, Mead Johnson, 3M, Grupo Modelo, Kraft Foods, DuPont, British American Tobacco, AstraZeneca, BMS, Diageo, Monsanto, Loctite, amongst others.
Experience developing marketing programs in Latin America.
Specialty in Multicultural Markets in the U.S. and Mexico.
Bilingual and bicultural clinician specializing in Latin America and the impact of political, economic and social issues has on individuals’ psyches.
Recognized with numerous honors and awards for her work in Multicultural, gender, and trauma psychology.
Authored and co-authored publications on issues relating to refugees, internally displaced people, political violence and human trafficking.
Media appearances include NBC News, CBS News, the Miami Herald, amongst others.
Academic Director of Part-Time MBA Programs & Clinical Assistant Professor of Business Administration at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
Expertise in consumer behavior, marketing research, international marketing and international business education.
Experience in more than fifty universities, government agencies, and both for-profit and not-for-profit in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa.
These are uncertain times. Political, economic and social changes domestically and globally are unprecedented, and now, more than ever, corporate and government leaders need seasoned navigators who are able to bring an outside global perspective and insight to the boardroom and C-Suite.
In today’s digital era, everyone has the ability to become a publisher of their own thoughts, and affinity groups have the means to organize overnight. Just think about it… we have become global tribes, instantaneously able to share our likes and dislikes with people all around the world.
The power of communication and persuasion has shifted from a select few to the masses, and the masses are not as homogeneous as they once were. Together, these proliferated voices of our Polycultural societies make up the new faces and minds of America.
I’ve spent three decades leading the transformation of multiple segment challenges into defined brand share growth and measurable revenue for F1000’s. Having witnessed firsthand the catastrophic effects that “Cultural Blindness” can have on brands and Shareholder value, I have assembled a team of best-in-class experts from varying disciplines to provide a holistic, competitive advantage to those corporations seeking knowledge, preparedness and capacity to anticipate and protect against cultural blindness and these risks.
There is a saying that “Leaders are like eagles; you find them one at a time.” Perhaps these are not uncertain times after all but times where expert navigators are able to strategize, predict and protect by seeing what others don’t see—as eagles do.
George L. San Jose
Founder & CEO
Our team consists of the most senior experts in their fields and includes the varying disciplines required to provide holistic hemispheric solutions for Fortune 1000’s and leading U.S. companies.
Our strategic, immediate and long-term solutions are unique, company customized, precise and transcend culture, language and borders.
423 E Ohio St, Suite 507
Chicago, IL 60611
- Curated Intelligence(TM): An Almost Unfair Advantage.Curated Intelligence(TM): An Almost Unfair Advantage.The Vice President at my client was agitated. A new competitor had been positioning itself as the market leader in signing contracts with the National Institutes of Health and the National Cancer Institute with noticeable press coverage and a well-delivered marketing message. “I want to know if they really are competition ... read more
- The emergence of the power of our Polycultural Society fueled by the chasm in Social EconomicsThe emergence of the power of our Polycultural Society fueled by the chasm in Social EconomicsThe digital revolution has fueled the emergence of the voices that make up our Polycultural society, and their strength and power are louder than words. Its economic …and increasing! While corporate and government leaders may have prepared more adequately to adjust and respond to the not-so-new emerging trends, they did ... read more
- Why Traditional Risk Methodologies are One Step Behind the Real WorldWhy Traditional Risk Methodologies are One Step Behind the Real WorldBy Mike Hatcliffe Here’s the headline from the front page of the Chicago Tribune’s section on Sunday July 3rd: ‘POLITICAL CUBICLES: Taboo on elections as workplace topic may be fading but gray areas remain’. The story under the headline talks to the changing and noisy political times that have descended ... read more
- Citizens Announces New Chairman And Vice-Chairman As Well As Board Of Director ChangesCitizens Announces New Chairman And Vice-Chairman As Well As Board Of Director ChangesAUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 13, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Following through on its commitment to refresh Board leadership, Citizens, Inc. (NYSE: CIA) today announced the election of a tenured life insurance executive as its new Chairman of the Board of Directors and the election of an industry respected technology executive as its Vice-Chairman of the Board ... read more
- Axial Biotherapeutics Strengthens and Expands Board of Directors and Leadership TeamAxial Biotherapeutics Strengthens and Expands Board of Directors and Leadership TeamWALTHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Axial Biotherapeutics, a biotechnology company dedicated to building a unique class of gut-targeted programs for neurodegenerative diseases and neurodevelopmental disorders, today announced the appointment of Scott Brun M.D. to its Board of Directors ... read more
- Women’s Share of U.S. Corporate Board Seats Rises, But Not Top Roles:Women’s Share of U.S. Corporate Board Seats Rises, But Not Top Roles:BOSTON (Reuters) – Women gained seats on U.S. corporate boards at a steady pace in recent years, but their share of top board leadership roles is still stuck at a low level, according to a new study ... read more
- Allocadia Appoints Galvanize CEO Laurie Schultz to Board of DirectorsAllocadia Appoints Galvanize CEO Laurie Schultz to Board of DirectorsAllocadia, the leader in Marketing Performance Management (MPM), announced that Laurie Schultz, president and chief executive officer of Galvanize, has joined the company’s Board of Directors... ... read more
- The Hartford Appoints Matt Winter To Its Board Of DirectorsThe Hartford Appoints Matt Winter To Its Board Of DirectorsHARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Hartford today announced the appointment of Matt Winter to the company’s board of directors, effective Feb. 24, 2020. He will serve on the board’s Finance, Investment and Risk Management Committee, effective Feb. 24, 2020; and Compensation and Management Development Committee, effective May 20, 2020 ... read more
- Jennifer Dulski to Join WW Board of Directors
- Apple Shareholders Reject Sustainability, Freedom of Expression ProposalsApple Shareholders Reject Sustainability, Freedom of Expression ProposalsApple ( AAPL ) investors on Wednesday rejected several shareholder proposals, including one that would have linked executive pay to environmental sustainability and another that would have required the tech giant to provide annual reports on its policies on freedom of expression. The tech giant’s board — which includes former ... read more
- FanDuel Founders, Former Employees Sue Over Getting Nothing in DealFanDuel Founders, Former Employees Sue Over Getting Nothing in DealFanDuel’s founders and more than 100 former employees say the company’s board of directors and private-equity investors intentionally undervalued the sports-betting operator to shut them out of an acquisition deal, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday... ... read more
- Salesforce Co-CEO Keith Block Steps Down; Marc Benioff Will Be Sole CEOSalesforce Co-CEO Keith Block Steps Down; Marc Benioff Will Be Sole CEOSalesforce stock initially sank 3% in extended trading on Tuesday after the company said co-CEO Keith Block is stepping down. Marc Benioff, the other co-CEO, becomes sole CEO. The company also announced fiscal fourth-quarter results that beat expectations, along with an acquisition ... read more
- Pinterest Adds DoorDash Exec and Caviar Lead Gokul Rajaram to its BoardPinterest Adds DoorDash Exec and Caviar Lead Gokul Rajaram to its BoardPinterest is bringing on a new board member. The company announced today it’s appointed Gokul Rajaram, Caviar Lead at soon-to-go-public DoorDash to its Board of Directors and as a member of its Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee ... read more
- Gibraltar Board of Directors Appoints Two New MembersGibraltar Board of Directors Appoints Two New MembersBUFFALO, N.Y.--(Business Wire)--Gibraltar Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: ROCK), a leading manufacturer and provider of products and services for the renewable energy, conservation, residential, industrial and infrastructure markets, today announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Linda K. Myers, a Partner at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, and Atlee Valentine Pope, President ... read more
- Glenn G. Cohen Joins Piedmont Office Realty Trust’s Board of DirectorsGlenn G. Cohen Joins Piedmont Office Realty Trust’s Board of DirectorsAtlanta, GA, Feb. 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:PDM) announced today that its Board of Directors has appointed Glenn G. Cohen, as member of the Board, effective March 1, 2020. Cohen will serve as an independent director of the Company and as a member of ... read more
- Yael Cosset Appointed to Kohl’s Corporation Board of DirectorsYael Cosset Appointed to Kohl’s Corporation Board of DirectorsBUSINESS WIRE)-- Kohl's Corporation (NYSE: KSS) today announced that its Board of Directors increased the size of the Board to twelve members ... read more
- Congratulations to BoardProspects Member Jim Barr!Congratulations to BoardProspects Member Jim Barr!
- Global Blood Therapeutics Appoints Dawn Svoronos to Board of DirectorsGlobal Blood Therapeutics Appoints Dawn Svoronos to Board of DirectorsGlobal Blood Therapeutics, Inc. (GBT) (NASDAQ: GBT) today announced the appointment of Dawn Svoronos to the company's board of directors ... read more
- Goldman Sachs’ Push for Board Diversity Doesn’t go Far EnoughGoldman Sachs’ Push for Board Diversity Doesn’t go Far EnoughSeveral European countries - including Norway , Germany , Finland, France and Spain - have introduced quotas for women on company boards. Other countries have introduced voluntary targets and imposed penalties for failing to appoint women directors . And this year, public companies in California will face a US$100,000 penalty ... read more
- World’s Largest Pension Fund Marches Toward $2 Trillion in Assets, While Embracing ESGWorld’s Largest Pension Fund Marches Toward $2 Trillion in Assets, While Embracing ESGHis priorities have included ESG initiatives such as improved corporate governance , increased gender diversity, and building a climate change ... read more
- Most Board Members Found Via Recommendations, Dampening DiversityMost Board Members Found Via Recommendations, Dampening DiversityNearly half of directors in a new report cited industry expertise as the top criteria for board membership. As companies face criticism about the lack of diversity on their boards, gender diversity (36%) and racial diversity (24%) were directors’ third and fourth choices, respectively, as criteria for eligibility... ... read more
- Will Dan Loeb Turn Prudential into an AIA?Will Dan Loeb Turn Prudential into an AIA?If billionaire activist investor Daniel Loeb's campaign to have Prudential Plc separate its Asian and US operations into two public listed companies gains traction, Singapore investors might briefly experience the thrill of having an insurance stock in the local market that ... read more
- Bayer Faces More Monsanto Pain With Trial Loss On DicambaBayer Faces More Monsanto Pain With Trial Loss On DicambaThe loss heaps more pressure on Bayer Chief Executive Officer Werner Baumann, who staked his career on the $63 billion takeover of Monsanto. Last April, after a couple of Roundup trial losses, Baumann became the first CEO of a major German company in decades to lose a shareholder confidence vote ... read more
- Activist Shareholder Group Sells Entire Primo Water StakeActivist Shareholder Group Sells Entire Primo Water StakeIt didn’t take long for the shareholder group pressuring Primo Water Corp.’s board of directors and management to cash out after the company announced Monday it was being bought in a deal valued at $755 million. Activist hedge-fund group Legion Partners LP of Beverly Hills, Calif., reported in a regulatory ... read more
- Osprey Capital, LLC to Acquire BoardProspects.com
- Icahn calls for new leadership at XeroxIcahn calls for new leadership at XeroxIcahn calls for new leadership at Xerox close breaking news Business Icahn calls for new leadership at Xerox Activist investor Carl Icahn on Tuesday called for new leadership at Xerox Corp , the maker of printers and copiers, a day after he named four nominees to the company's board ... read more
- HIGHLIGHTS-Big investors take stakes in Facebook, exit Macy’s in first quarterHIGHLIGHTS-Big investors take stakes in Facebook, exit Macy’s in first quarterMarket 00pm EDT HIGHLIGHTS-Big investors take stakes in Facebook, exit Macy's in first quarter May 15 The following are some of the hot stocks and sectors in which hedge fund managers either took new positions or exited existing positions in the first quarter. The moves by Suvretta Capital Management ... read more