The current global, economic, political and social changes, and the acceleration of technology platforms that enable communication…
…combined with the proliferation of channels and sophistication of consumers require for an even more complex, nuanced and insightful marketing approach to effectively reach consumers.
We identify growth opportunities and provide marketing solutions and consumer insights to U.S. companies seeking growth in the Polycultural markets of the U.S., Canada, and the complex markets of Latin America.
Our approaches are unique, client customized, precise and transcend language, culture and borders.
We provide holistic, culturally nuanced knowledge, preparedness, and marketing support and innovation to Fortune 1000’s, and leading U.S. companies.
We Increase Brand Share and help preserve and protect Brand Equity.
SJC fuels itself on passion, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and dedication.
- We are committed to our clients, our employees and the communities we serve
- We provide innovative and efficient solutions for our peers and clients
- We are accountable for our work, standing behind our recommendations
- We are committed to attracting the best people in our industry
- We stand behind honest marketing strategies that adhere to the basis of social responsibility
- We provide excellence in all we do
Corporate responsibility is an essential element of our business philosophy. We believe that helping to train our economically disadvantaged citizens today makes for an improved tomorrow…for all of us.
Whether it is computer classes for adults, English as a second language, or improving quality of life, we partner with community support networks and provide computers, equipment and supplies, supporting our local communities.
The companies we affiliate with abide by the same philosophy, offering services that benefit their communities by promoting events to help local charities and associations within each of their respective geographies.
Chairman and COO of The San Jose Network, founded in 1992. A conglomerate of marketing communications and research agencies throughout the Americas.
Specialist and expert in the development of hundreds of award-winning branding strategies for Fortune 500 companies looking to extend their markets and brand success in diverse consumers and complex markets. Clients include SC Johnson, Anheuser Busch, Coca-Cola, Motorola, ATA, Kraft Foods, Exelon, National Pork Board, Abbott, Grainger.
Recognized by Advertising Age, USA Today and Crain’s Who’s Who as an industry visionary.
A frequent speaker and author on advertising, marketing, communications strategies and protector of the brand USP. Contributor to four books on the standards and practices of Multicultural advertising and creative marketing strategies.
Specializes in Risk and Reputation Management. Spent 10 years leading the US Corporate Reputation practice at Ogilvy where he developed agency-wide best practices as well as working with clients such as LG Electronics, PepsiCo, CNA Insurance, Quintiles, Zebra Technologies and BP on issues management assignments.
Achievements at Ogilvy include the re-engineering of the agency’s approach to building clients’ reputation and a comprehensive crisis management methodology, including the adoption of the agency’s first mobile crisis app.
Before Ogilvy, Mike spent 13 years at global PR agency Ketchum in senior reputation and crisis management roles, including seven years in the London office and six years from 1999 in the Chicago office. UK client experience includes Xerox, British Telecom, Carlsberg, McDonalds and US experience includes HSBC, FedEx and Deloitte.
Diverse brand and reputation experience developing internal and external communications strategies for Corporate America. Expert story teller across integrated full-service earned, shared and owned media campaigns.
Expertise in strategy and message development for leading U.S. companies including Hyatt Hotels, Safeway, Del Monte, Kaiser Permanente, Stericycle, Abbott and Tropicana.
Believes the message content is as critical as the medium. Influences the influencers to collaborate on stories that explain the “why” and that bring the highest level of credibility for brand integrity and awareness, thought leadership and lead generation from diverse corporate communications strategies.
Works hand in hand with leaders to shape their ideas and articulate them to the most important audiences in the channels that matter most.
Story teller, entrepreneur and adjunct professor. Board member of Rollins College and the Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation (Northwestern Medicine).
Researcher and policy analyst that works in the fields of organizational and leadership development, education, mental health and public health.
Former administrator in the States of Illinois, Connecticut, Ohio and Washington DC.
Holds six degrees and two post-doctoral certificates from various universities that include Harvard University, the University of California at Berkeley, University of Michigan, University of Illinois and Southern CT State University.
Over 50 articles, papers and monographs in education, public health, mental health, and organizational development, including authorship of book on Latino desegregation trends and past editor-in-chief of two journals.
Serves as acting President over Innovative Consultants International, Inc., an R&D firm located in Washington DC. Founder of international joint venture, IC-Avar JV, LLC; member of several national boards.
Listed in Who’s Who in the World; Who’s Who in American Education; Who’s Who in the Southwest; and American Men of Achievement.
Serves The San Jose Network as CEO of a private-held MARCOM group in Latin America, specializing in Government Affairs, travel & hospitality and entertainment sectors.
Expert in communications, strategic marketing, and executing communication strategies throughout Latin America.
Holds the representation of Turner Broadcasting Systems for Paraguay, producer and Journalist for TV and Newspapers.
Founder of “Artes sin Fronteras,” a collaborative association made up of artists from South America.
Frequent lecturer at business conferences, seminars and universities.
Managing Director of The Trans-Canada Advertising Agency Network (T-CAAN). Founded in 1963, T-CAAN is Canada’s oldest and most extensive network of independent advertising, marketing and communication agencies.
Over 25 years of progressive experience in the advertising and marketing communications industry, with a focus on branding, strategic planning, public relations and creative development.
Past President of the Society of Ontario Advertising Agencies (SOAA), and a regular guest speaker, college lecturer and contributing writer on marketing, technology and a range of brand communications topics.
Eighteen-year career in integrated marketing, account management and in-market execution.
Category experience spans across food, pharmaceutical, financial services, health and beauty, hospitality, industrial and manufacturing locally and internationally.
Client experience includes Procter & Gamble, Mead Johnson, 3M, Grupo Modelo, Kraft Foods, DuPont, British American Tobacco, AstraZeneca, BMS, Diageo, Monsanto, Loctite, amongst others.
Experience developing marketing programs in Latin America.
Specialty in Multicultural Markets in the U.S. and Mexico.
Bilingual and bicultural clinician specializing in Latin America and the impact of political, economic and social issues has on individuals’ psyches.
Recognized with numerous honors and awards for her work in Multicultural, gender, and trauma psychology.
Authored and co-authored publications on issues relating to refugees, internally displaced people, political violence and human trafficking.
Media appearances include NBC News, CBS News, the Miami Herald, amongst others.
Academic Director of Part-Time MBA Programs & Clinical Assistant Professor of Business Administration at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
Expertise in consumer behavior, marketing research, international marketing and international business education.
Experience in more than fifty universities, government agencies, and both for-profit and not-for-profit in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa.
These are uncertain times. Political, economic and social changes domestically and globally are unprecedented, and now, more than ever, corporate and government leaders need seasoned navigators who are able to bring an outside global perspective and insight to the boardroom and C-Suite.
In today’s digital era, everyone has the ability to become a publisher of their own thoughts, and affinity groups have the means to organize overnight. Just think about it… we have become global tribes, instantaneously able to share our likes and dislikes with people all around the world.
The power of communication and persuasion has shifted from a select few to the masses, and the masses are not as homogeneous as they once were. Together, these proliferated voices of our Polycultural societies make up the new faces and minds of America.
I’ve spent three decades leading the transformation of multiple segment challenges into defined brand share growth and measurable revenue for F1000’s. Having witnessed firsthand the catastrophic effects that “Cultural Blindness” can have on brands and Shareholder value, I have assembled a team of best-in-class experts from varying disciplines to provide a holistic, competitive advantage to those corporations seeking knowledge, preparedness and capacity to anticipate and protect against cultural blindness and these risks.
There is a saying that “Leaders are like eagles; you find them one at a time.” Perhaps these are not uncertain times after all but times where expert navigators are able to strategize, predict and protect by seeing what others don’t see—as eagles do.
George L. San Jose
Founder & CEO
Strategic depth planned by implementation know-how …
Our reputation is built on a track record of transforming multiple segment challenges into defined brand share strategies that promote growth, preservation and measurable revenue.
Our team consists of the most senior experts in their fields and includes the varying disciplines required to provide holistic hemispheric solutions for Fortune 1000’s and leading U.S. companies.
Our strategic, immediate and long-term solutions are unique, company customized, precise and transcend culture, language and borders.
440 N. Wabash Avenue, Suite 2506
Chicago, IL 60611-7640
- Curated Intelligence(TM): An Almost Unfair Advantage.Curated Intelligence(TM): An Almost Unfair Advantage.The Vice President at my client was agitated. A new competitor had been positioning itself as the market leader in signing contracts with the National Institutes of Health and the National Cancer Institute with noticeable press coverage and a well-delivered marketing message. “I want to know if they really read more
- The emergence of the power of our Polycultural Society fueled by the chasm in Social EconomicsThe emergence of the power of our Polycultural Society fueled by the chasm in Social EconomicsThe digital revolution has fueled the emergence of the voices that make up our Polycultural society, and their strength and power are louder than words. Its economic and increasing! While corporate and government leaders may have prepared more adequately to adjust and respond to the not-so-new emerging trends, they did read more
- Why Traditional Risk Methodologies are One Step Behind the Real WorldWhy Traditional Risk Methodologies are One Step Behind the Real WorldBy Mike Hatcliffe Here’s the headline from the front page of the Chicago Tribune’s section on Sunday July 3rd: ‘POLITICAL CUBICLES: Taboo on elections as workplace topic may be fading but gray areas remain’. The story under the headline talks to the changing and noisy political times that have read more
- Avon Shareholders Call for Sale, Sending Shares HigherAvon Shareholders Call for Sale, Sending Shares HigherA group of shareholders of Avon Products led by activist investor Shah Capital has called for the cosmetics maker to explore strategic alternatives, including a possible sale. Avon's shares were up nearly 6 percent at $2.57 in premarket trading on Monday. The shareholder group, which also includes Barington Capital Group read more
- President of Perry Ellis, Melissa Worth Joins Bottomless Closet Board of DirectorsPresident of Perry Ellis, Melissa Worth Joins Bottomless Closet Board of Directors“We are thrilled to have Melissa join our Board ,” said Bottomless Closet Executive Director Melissa Norden. “To have a woman in such an esteemed leadership role at a major fashion brand is an incredible source of inspiration for us. Combined with her passion for empowering women, we know she read more
- Inge Thulin Elected to Merck Board of DirectorsInge Thulin Elected to Merck Board of DirectorsKENILWORTH, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Merck (NYSE:MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today announced that Inge Thulin, chairman of the board, president and chief executive officer of 3M, will join the company's board of directors effective March 1, 2018. Mr. Thulin will read more
- New Member Testimonial About BoardProspectsNew Member Testimonial About BoardProspects“BoardProspects provided a seamless process to connect with a business who was looking to enhance their board with additional food and beverage experience. I have recommended BoardProspects to other businesses which are looking to fill board positions based on my personal experience.” -- Cindy Baerman, Board of Directors, Epi Breads read more
- Congratulations to This Week’s Featured Notable Member Patricia OelrichCongratulations to This Week’s Featured Notable Member Patricia OelrichBoardProspects would like to congratulate this week's Featured Notable Member, Patricia Oelrich. A former top-level executive with GlaxoSmithKline, Ms. Oelrich has served on several corporate boards including Pepco Holdings. read more
- Congratulations to BoardProspects Member Karen Rogge on Her Appointment to the Board of AeroCentury, Inc. (NYSE: ACY)Congratulations to BoardProspects Member Karen Rogge on Her Appointment to the Board of AeroCentury, Inc. (NYSE: ACY)BoardProspects would like to congratulate Member Karen Rogge on her appointment to the Board of AeroCentury, Inc. (NYSE: ACY)! Ms. Rogge has executive financial and operations management experience with leading public technology companies including Hewlett Packard, Seagate Technology, and Extreme Networks, as well as private companies. She is President of read more
- Diana McKenzie Named to MetLife’s Board of DirectorsDiana McKenzie Named to MetLife’s Board of DirectorsNEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET) today announced that Diana McKenzie has been elected to its board of directors , effective read more
- Think You Don’t Belong in the Boardroom? Think AgainThink You Don’t Belong in the Boardroom? Think AgainFor the longest time, a “board” filled my mind with images of older white men wearing suits and sitting around a table making decisions. Unfortunately, the data back up my mental images. This 2016 study by the Alliance for Board Diversity and Deloitte shows that 3.8 percent of Fortune 500 read more
- Gender Quotas: California Bill Would Set Quotas for Corporate BoardsGender Quotas: California Bill Would Set Quotas for Corporate BoardsA California bill would require companies headquartered in the state to have at least one female board member by 2019. What are the ramifications? read more
- Activist Investor Tries To Force Change At Oil CompaniesActivist Investor Tries To Force Change At Oil CompaniesLast week's report from the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change called for reducing investments in fossil fuels by about a quarter. That is an idea that oil companies have pushed back against. But one group is trying to pressure those companies to take action by buying up shares in read more
- Why Did It Take an Activist So Long to Call Bt?Why Did It Take an Activist So Long to Call Bt?(Bloomberg Opinion) -- David Einhorn's decision to take a stake in BT Group Plc may provide just the boost needed to convince Britain's former national carrier to sell a stake in its traditional network. That probably won't satisfy the activist investor. When it became apparent back in May that BT read more
- Shareholder Activism: 1H 2018 Developments and Practice PointsShareholder Activism: 1H 2018 Developments and Practice PointsThe number of public activist campaigns increased sharply in 1H 2018, following a slowing trend in 2016 and 2017 as compared to 2014 and 2015. There were roughly 150 campaigns globally in 1H 2018, up from about 100 in 1H 2017... read more
- Xerox Agrees To Split, Give Activist Investor Carl Icahn Three Board Seats: WSJXerox Agrees To Split, Give Activist Investor Carl Icahn Three Board Seats: WSJXerox Corporation will split into two companies, one focused on hardware and the other on services. As part of the deal, Xerox will let activist investor Carl Icahn pick three members on the board of the services company, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday, citing sources familiar with the read more
- Ciber Announces Corporate Governance EnhancementsCiber Announces Corporate Governance EnhancementsGREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo., Jan. 26, 2016 -- Ciber, Inc. (CBR), a leading global information technology consulting, services and outsourcing company, today announced that the Ciber Board of Directors has amended the Company's bylaws to adopt a majority voting standard for the election of directors in uncontested director elections. "Today's announcement read more
- RRAR Installs New President, Board of Directors and Names 2015 Triangle REALTORSÂ® Leadership Academy GraduatesRRAR Installs New President, Board of Directors and Names 2015 Triangle REALTORSÂ® Leadership Academy GraduatesToday, Mark Parker, newly installed President of the Raleigh Regional Association of REALTORSÂ® lifted the gavel for the first time at a meeting of the Board of Directors. Parker, along with the Officers and Directors were installed at an inaugural ball at Brier Creek Country Club Friday, January 8, read more