Given global, economic, political and social changes and the acceleration of the technology platforms to enable communication, the proliferation of risks to brand equity and reputation will become even more complex, nuanced and severe.
Recent companies failing to effectively manage incidents and neglecting to prevent the risks adversely impacting revenue, Shareholder value and brand equity add to the arrival of a new, heightened cycle.
We provide solutions to critical Shareholder and brand equity emerging risks facing CEOs, C-Suite executives and Boards.
Our approaches are unique, client customized, precise and transcend language, culture and borders.
To provide holistic, culturally nuanced knowledge, preparedness, support and protection to the Board, C-Suite and Shareholders.
To preserve and protect Shareholder Value, Brand Equity and Corporate Reputation.
SJC fuels itself on passion, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and dedication.
- We are committed to our clients, our employees and the communities we serve
- We provide innovative and efficient solutions for our peers and clients
- We are accountable for our work, standing behind our recommendations
- We are committed to attracting the best people in our industry
- We stand behind honest marketing strategies that adhere to the basis of social responsibility
- We provide excellence in all we do
Corporate responsibility is an essential element of our business philosophy. We believe that helping to train our economically disadvantaged citizens today makes for an improved tomorrow…for all of us.
Whether it is computer classes for adults, English as a second language, or improving quality of life, we partner with community support networks and provide computers, equipment and supplies, supporting our local communities.
The companies we affiliate with abide by the same philosophy, offering services that benefit their communities by promoting events to help local charities and associations within each of their respective geographies.
Chairman and COO of The San Jose Network, founded in 1992. A conglomerate of marketing communications and research agencies throughout the Americas.
Specialist and expert in the development of hundreds of award-winning branding strategies for Fortune 500 companies looking to extend their markets and brand success in diverse consumers and complex markets. Clients include SC Johnson, Anheuser Busch, Coca-Cola, Motorola, ATA, Kraft Foods, Exelon, National Pork Board, Abbott, Grainger.
Recognized by Advertising Age, USA Today and Crain’s Who’s Who as an industry visionary.
A frequent speaker and author on advertising, marketing, communications strategies and protector of the brand USP. Contributor to four books on the standards and practices of Multicultural advertising and creative marketing strategies.
Specializes in Risk and Reputation Management. Spent 10 years leading the US Corporate Reputation practice at Ogilvy where he developed agency-wide best practices as well as working with clients such as LG Electronics, PepsiCo, CNA Insurance, Quintiles, Zebra Technologies and BP on issues management assignments.
Achievements at Ogilvy include the re-engineering of the agency’s approach to building clients’ reputation and a comprehensive crisis management methodology, including the adoption of the agency’s first mobile crisis app.
Before Ogilvy, Mike spent 13 years at global PR agency Ketchum in senior reputation and crisis management roles, including seven years in the London office and six years from 1999 in the Chicago office. UK client experience includes Xerox, British Telecom, Carlsberg, McDonalds and US experience includes HSBC, FedEx and Deloitte.
Researcher and policy analyst that works in the fields of organizational and leadership development, education, mental health and public health.
Former administrator in the States of Illinois, Connecticut, Ohio and Washington DC.
Holds six degrees and two post-doctoral certificates from various universities that include Harvard University, the University of California at Berkeley, University of Michigan, University of Illinois and Southern CT State University.
Over 50 articles, papers and monographs in education, public health, mental health, and organizational development, including authorship of book on Latino desegregation trends and past editor-in-chief of two journals.
Serves as acting President over Innovative Consultants International, Inc., an R&D firm located in Washington DC. Founder of international joint venture, IC-Avar JV, LLC; member of several national boards.
Listed in Who’s Who in the World; Who’s Who in American Education; Who’s Who in the Southwest; and American Men of Achievement.
Former Chair of Intellectual Property Group Baker McKenzie, LLP (Chicago)
Internationally recognized legal brand strategist with over 25 years experience in acquiring, enforcing and monetizing trademark rights globally.
Recognized by Euromoney Expert Legal Guides as “World’s Leading Women in Business Law” and “World’s Leading Trademark Lawyers” and Illinois Leading Lawyer for Intellectual Property and Advertising & Media Law.
Extensive experience working in Europe and Latin America.
Serves The San Jose Network as CEO of a private-held MARCOM group in Latin America, specializing in Government Affairs, travel & hospitality and entertainment sectors.
Expert in communications, strategic marketing, and executing communication strategies throughout Latin America.
Holds the representation of Turner Broadcasting Systems for Paraguay, producer and Journalist for TV and Newspapers.
Founder of “Artes sin Fronteras,” a collaborative association made up of artists from South America.
Frequent lecturer at business conferences, seminars and universities.
Managing Director of The Trans-Canada Advertising Agency Network (T-CAAN). Founded in 1963, T-CAAN is Canada’s oldest and most extensive network of independent advertising, marketing and communication agencies.
Over 25 years of progressive experience in the advertising and marketing communications industry, with a focus on branding, strategic planning, public relations and creative development.
Past President of the Society of Ontario Advertising Agencies (SOAA), and a regular guest speaker, college lecturer and contributing writer on marketing, technology and a range of brand communications topics.
Eighteen-year career in integrated marketing, account management and in-market execution.
Category experience spans across food, pharmaceutical, financial services, health and beauty, hospitality, industrial and manufacturing locally and internationally.
Client experience includes Procter & Gamble, Mead Johnson, 3M, Grupo Modelo, Kraft Foods, DuPont, British American Tobacco, AstraZeneca, BMS, Diageo, Monsanto, Loctite, amongst others.
Experience developing marketing programs in Latin America.
Specialty in Multicultural Markets in the U.S. and Mexico.
Bilingual and bicultural clinician specializing in Latin America and the impact of political, economic and social issues has on individuals’ psyches.
Recognized with numerous honors and awards for her work in Multicultural, gender, and trauma psychology.
Authored and co-authored publications on issues relating to refugees, internally displaced people, political violence and human trafficking.
Media appearances include NBC News, CBS News, the Miami Herald, amongst others.
Academic Director of Part-Time MBA Programs & Clinical Assistant Professor of Business Administration at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
Expertise in consumer behavior, marketing research, international marketing and international business education.
Experience in more than fifty universities, government agencies, and both for-profit and not-for-profit in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa.
These are uncertain times. Political, economic and social changes domestically and globally are unprecedented, and now, more than ever, corporate and government leaders need seasoned navigators who are able to bring an outside global perspective and insight to the boardroom and C-Suite.
In today’s digital era, everyone has the ability to become a publisher of their own thoughts, and affinity groups have the means to organize overnight. Just think about it… we have become global tribes, instantaneously able to share our likes and dislikes with people all around the world.
The power of communication and persuasion has shifted from a select few to the masses, and the masses are not as homogeneous as they once were. Together, these proliferated voices of our Polycultural societies make up the new faces and minds of America.
I’ve spent three decades leading the transformation of multiple segment challenges into defined brand share growth and measurable revenue for F1000’s. Having witnessed firsthand the catastrophic effects that “Cultural Blindness” can have on brands and Shareholder value, I have assembled a team of best-in-class experts from varying disciplines to provide a holistic, competitive advantage to those corporations seeking knowledge, preparedness and capacity to anticipate and protect against cultural blindness and these risks.
There is a saying that “Leaders are like eagles; you find them one at a time.” Perhaps these are not uncertain times after all but times where expert navigators are able to strategize, predict and protect by seeing what others don’t see—as eagles do.
George L. San Jose
Founder & CEO
Strategic depth planned by implementation know-how …
Our reputation is built on a track record of transforming multiple segment challenges into defined brand share strategies that promote growth, preservation and measurable revenue.
Our team consists of the most senior experts in their fields and includes the varying disciplines required to provide holistic hemispheric solutions for the C-Suite and Board.
Our strategic, immediate and long-term solutions are unique, company customized, precise and transcend culture, language and borders.
233 N. Michigan Avenue, 24th Floor
Chicago, IL 60601-5519
- Curated Intelligence(TM): An Almost Unfair Advantage.Curated Intelligence(TM): An Almost Unfair Advantage.The Vice President at my client was agitated. A new competitor had been positioning itself as the market leader in signing contracts with the National Institutes of Health and the National Cancer Institute with noticeable press coverage and a well-delivered marketing message. “I want to know if they really are competition read more
- The emergence of the power of our Polycultural Society fueled by the chasm in Social EconomicsThe emergence of the power of our Polycultural Society fueled by the chasm in Social EconomicsThe digital revolution has fueled the emergence of the voices that make up our Polycultural society, and their strength and power are louder than words. Its economic …and increasing! While corporate and government leaders may have prepared more adequately to adjust and respond to the not-so-new emerging trends, they did read more
- Why Traditional Risk Methodologies are One Step Behind the Real WorldWhy Traditional Risk Methodologies are One Step Behind the Real WorldBy Mike Hatcliffe Here’s the headline from the front page of the Chicago Tribune’s section on Sunday July 3rd: ‘POLITICAL CUBICLES: Taboo on elections as workplace topic may be fading but gray areas remain’. The story under the headline talks to the changing and noisy political times that have descended read more
- “Cybersecurity Trends for Boards of Directors”“Cybersecurity Trends for Boards of Directors”Prioritizing the following three areas based on impending cyberthreats and emerging regulatory developments will help corporate directors stay ahead of the curve. 1. Re-Examine the Company’ The fall of 2016 ushered in a new cyberthreat with the massive denial-of-service attack levied against internet infrastructure provider Dyn, which knocked many of read more
- Security Advisor Alliance Welcomes Microsoft Vice President, Ann Johnson to Board of DirectorsSecurity Advisor Alliance Welcomes Microsoft Vice President, Ann Johnson to Board of DirectorsWe are excited to welcome her to the Alliance's board of directors ,” said Jason Clark, Security Advisor Alliance Chairman of the Board. “We believe her read more
- AIG’s Board Denies CEO 2016 Cash Bonus After Dismal EarningsAIG’s Board Denies CEO 2016 Cash Bonus After Dismal EarningsAmerican International Group's board of directors declined to award CEO Peter Hancock a cash bonus read more
- Showtime’s Billions: Is This A Fair Depiction of The Modern Day Activist Investor Engagement?
- Making The Case to Pay Non-Profit Board MembersMaking The Case to Pay Non-Profit Board MembersThe National Association of Nonprofit Organizations & Executives is making a push to change the model of corporate governance for non-profits. Included within this new model is the payment of board members. Currently, only about 1% of non-profits in the U.S. actually compensate their board members. I continue to struggle read more
- Must Watch Video for Board Members and Prospective Board MembersMust Watch Video for Board Members and Prospective Board MembersThis interview is a few years old, but it is a must-watch for any board member or prospective board member. JP Morgan Board Member Laban Jackson gives a fascinating interview about the London Whale matter and how the board of directors undertook their investigation. read more
- A Showdown Over Wells Fargo’s Board of Directors LoomsA Showdown Over Wells Fargo’s Board of Directors LoomsThe next group of employees who could lose their jobs are Wells Fargo's board of directors , who face re-election on Tuesday at the bank's annual read more
- Marissa Mayer will have $186 million in Yahoo Stock when Verizon buys the company (YHOO, Vz)Marissa Mayer will have $186 million in Yahoo Stock when Verizon buys the company (YHOO, Vz)When Verizon's $4.48 billion acquisition of Yahoo closes this June, Marissa Mayer will be stepping down as CEO. But don't worry too much about her — Mayer has about $186 million worth of stock, stock options and restricted stock units that will all be fully vested before the deal closes, according to read more
- Netflix Shareholders Copied and Pasted a Proposal they’d Already Sent to AmazonNetflix Shareholders Copied and Pasted a Proposal they’d Already Sent to AmazonThe proposal asks "Amazon.com" — one of Netflix's fiercest rivals — for a report read more
- Robert J. Mylod, Jr. Named to The Priceline Group’s Board of DirectorsRobert J. Mylod, Jr. Named to The Priceline Group’s Board of DirectorsNORWALK, Conn., Apr. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of The Priceline Group Inc. (NASDAQ: PCLN) today announced that it has read more
- ClickBank announces Additions to its Board of DirectorsClickBank announces Additions to its Board of DirectorsClickBank announced the inclusion of new members to its board of directors - Scott Cruickshank and Richard Jalichandra. The present director, Jim read more
- Fred’s Pharmacy Appoints Two New Independent DirectorsFred’s Pharmacy Appoints Two New Independent Directors“We are excited to welcome Steve and Tim to the Fred's Pharmacy Board of Directors ,” said Thomas H. Tashjian, Chairman of the Board. “They add read more
- BoardProspects Reaches 15,000 Members!BoardProspects Reaches 15,000 Members!BoardProspects is excited to announce that we have reached 15,000 Members! We would like to take this opportunity to thank of all our Members for making BoardProspects the world's largest and most prestigious boardroom community. "Our growth during the past few months has been nothing short of extraordinary and truly read more
- Congratulations to BoardProspects Member Vivien Yeung on Her Appointment to the Board of Directors of Jack In The Box, Inc.Congratulations to BoardProspects Member Vivien Yeung on Her Appointment to the Board of Directors of Jack In The Box, Inc.BoardProspects would like to congratulate Member Vivien Yeung on her recent appointment to the Board of Directors of Jack In The Box, Inc. (NASDAQ: JACK). Ms. Yeung is also the Chief Strategy Officer of Lululemon Athletica (NASDAQ: LULU). read more
- Board-Talk: Diversity & Corporate Governance Podcasts
- Board-Talk: Diversity & Corporate Governance Podcasts
- Meet the Woman who Runs a $26 Billion Fund
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: ‘The U.S. Will Lose its Leadership in Technology if this Doesn’t Change’Apple CEO Tim Cook: ‘The U.S. Will Lose its Leadership in Technology if this Doesn’t Change’Apple CEO Tim Cook believes that the gender imbalance at tech companies could hurt the American tech industry if more women don't enter science and engineering fields read more
- Company Begs Corporate Raider Singer: Can We Stop This Fighting Already?Company Begs Corporate Raider Singer: Can We Stop This Fighting Already?Arconic said it was willing to nominate two of activist hedge fund Elliott Management's director nominees to its board read more
- Buffalo Wild Wings: ‘Our Board and Management Team are Under Attack’Buffalo Wild Wings: ‘Our Board and Management Team are Under Attack’The battle between Buffalo Wild Wings and Marcato Capital Management continues read more
- Richmond Brothers and Mark H. Ravich Send Letter to Rockwell Medical, Inc. ShareholdersRichmond Brothers and Mark H. Ravich Send Letter to Rockwell Medical, Inc. ShareholdersJACKSON, Mich. & ST. LOUIS PARK, Minn.- Richmond Brothers, Inc., a Michigan-based SEC registered investment advisor and wealth management firm that is the largest beneficial owner of Rockwell Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:RMTI) (“Rockwell” or the “Company”), and Mark H. Ravich, who together with their affiliates beneficially own over 6.1 million shares, read more
- U.S. Consumers Could Suffer From Dodd-Frank, CFPB ChangesU.S. Consumers Could Suffer From Dodd-Frank, CFPB ChangesU.S. Consumers Could Suffer From Dodd-Frank, CFPB Changes Published April 19, 2017 Massive changes to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - or the financial reform law that established it - could hurt U.S. mortgage borrowers who use the agency to fight erroneous charges and foreclosures, according to Trulia, an online read more
- LIC concerned, open to raising ‘relevant issues’ with Infosys boardLIC concerned, open to raising ‘relevant issues’ with Infosys boardNEW DELHI: Life Insurance Corporation, the second-largest stakeholder in software major Infosys , seems open to raising “relevant issues” with the existing board in the event of a showdown between the management and the founding partners of the IT firm. read more
- New York Reit (NYRT) Selects Winthrop REIT Advisors LLC as New External AdvisorNew York Reit (NYRT) Selects Winthrop REIT Advisors LLC as New External AdvisorNew York REIT, Inc. (NYSE: NYRT), today announced that the Company's Board of Directors has selected Winthrop REIT Advisors LLC to become its read more