Given global, economic, political and social changes and the acceleration of the technology platforms to enable communication, the proliferation of risks to brand equity and reputation will become even more complex, nuanced and severe.
Recent companies failing to effectively manage incidents and neglecting to prevent the risks adversely impacting revenue, Shareholder value and brand equity add to the arrival of a new, heightened cycle.
We provide solutions to critical Shareholder and brand equity emerging risks facing CEOs, C-Suite executives and Boards.
Our approaches are unique, client customized, precise and transcend language, culture and borders.
To provide holistic, culturally nuanced knowledge, preparedness, support and protection to the Board, C-Suite and Shareholders.
To preserve and protect Shareholder Value, Brand Equity and Corporate Reputation.
SJC fuels itself on passion, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and dedication.
- We are committed to our clients, our employees and the communities we serve
- We provide innovative and efficient solutions for our peers and clients
- We are accountable for our work, standing behind our recommendations
- We are committed to attracting the best people in our industry
- We stand behind honest marketing strategies that adhere to the basis of social responsibility
- We provide excellence in all we do
Corporate responsibility is an essential element of our business philosophy. We believe that helping to train our economically disadvantaged citizens today makes for an improved tomorrow…for all of us.
Whether it is computer classes for adults, English as a second language, or improving quality of life, we partner with community support networks and provide computers, equipment and supplies, supporting our local communities.
The companies we affiliate with abide by the same philosophy, offering services that benefit their communities by promoting events to help local charities and associations within each of their respective geographies.
Chairman and COO of The San Jose Network, founded in 1992. A conglomerate of marketing communications and research agencies throughout the Americas.
Specialist and expert in the development of hundreds of award-winning branding strategies for Fortune 500 companies looking to extend their markets and brand success in diverse consumers and complex markets. Clients include SC Johnson, Anheuser Busch, Coca-Cola, Motorola, ATA, Kraft Foods, Exelon, National Pork Board, Abbott, Grainger.
Recognized by Advertising Age, USA Today and Crain’s Who’s Who as an industry visionary.
A frequent speaker and author on advertising, marketing, communications strategies and protector of the brand USP. Contributor to four books on the standards and practices of Multicultural advertising and creative marketing strategies.
Specializes in Risk and Reputation Management. Spent 10 years leading the US Corporate Reputation practice at Ogilvy where he developed agency-wide best practices as well as working with clients such as LG Electronics, PepsiCo, CNA Insurance, Quintiles, Zebra Technologies and BP on issues management assignments.
Achievements at Ogilvy include the re-engineering of the agency’s approach to building clients’ reputation and a comprehensive crisis management methodology, including the adoption of the agency’s first mobile crisis app.
Before Ogilvy, Mike spent 13 years at global PR agency Ketchum in senior reputation and crisis management roles, including seven years in the London office and six years from 1999 in the Chicago office. UK client experience includes Xerox, British Telecom, Carlsberg, McDonalds and US experience includes HSBC, FedEx and Deloitte.
Specializes in connecting executives and boards in mutually prosperous relationships.
Over 25 years of executive experience across financial and professional services.
Partner at a Board services boutique.
Officer at Allstate Insurance Company, Zurich NA, and Career Education.
Global strategic change consultant for McDonald’s Corporation.
Known for designing and leading complex change agendas with high impact outcomes.
Serves as Executive Director for Leading Woman Executives and Chair’s DePaul University Dean’s Advisory Council on Communications.
Featured speaker and author on Board and executive talent, talent management trends and strategic change campaigns.
Researcher and policy analyst that works in the fields of organizational and leadership development, education, mental health and public health.
Former administrator in the States of Illinois, Connecticut, Ohio and Washington DC.
Holds six degrees and two post-doctoral certificates from various universities that include Harvard University, the University of California at Berkeley, University of Michigan, University of Illinois and Southern CT State University.
Over 50 articles, papers and monographs in education, public health, mental health, and organizational development, including authorship of book on Latino desegregation trends and past editor-in-chief of two journals.
Serves as acting President over Innovative Consultants International, Inc., an R&D firm located in Washington DC. Founder of international joint venture, IC-Avar JV, LLC; member of several national boards.
Listed in Who’s Who in the World; Who’s Who in American Education; Who’s Who in the Southwest; and American Men of Achievement.
Focuses on growth, risk management and human capital strategies for the C-Suite.
Examines a client’s business issue through the lens of markets and competitors.
Recognized for creating, designing and managing innovative research and information functions within professional service firms and successfully building knowledge and intelligence-centered cultures.
Innovator in Competitive Intelligence methodologies and practices, shaped into prioritized insights the
C-Suite relies on to set strategic direction and tactical programs.
Over 15 years of Officer experience in roles ranging from Senior Vice President to Chief Administrative Officer.
Former Chair of Intellectual Property Group Baker McKenzie, LLP (Chicago)
Internationally recognized legal brand strategist with over 25 years experience in acquiring, enforcing and monetizing trademark rights globally.
Recognized by Euromoney Expert Legal Guides as “World’s Leading Women in Business Law” and “World’s Leading Trademark Lawyers” and Illinois Leading Lawyer for Intellectual Property and Advertising & Media Law.
Extensive experience working in Europe and Latin America.
Serves The San Jose Network as CEO of a private-held MARCOM group in Latin America, specializing in Government Affairs, travel & hospitality and entertainment sectors.
Expert in communications, strategic marketing, and executing communication strategies throughout Latin America.
Holds the representation of Turner Broadcasting Systems for Paraguay, producer and Journalist for TV and Newspapers.
Founder of “Artes sin Fronteras,” a collaborative association made up of artists from South America.
Frequent lecturer at business conferences, seminars and universities.
Managing Director of The Trans-Canada Advertising Agency Network (T-CAAN). Founded in 1963, T-CAAN is Canada’s oldest and most extensive network of independent advertising, marketing and communication agencies.
Over 25 years of progressive experience in the advertising and marketing communications industry, with a focus on branding, strategic planning, public relations and creative development.
Past President of the Society of Ontario Advertising Agencies (SOAA), and a regular guest speaker, college lecturer and contributing writer on marketing, technology and a range of brand communications topics.
Eighteen-year career in integrated marketing, account management and in-market execution.
Category experience spans across food, pharmaceutical, financial services, health and beauty, hospitality, industrial and manufacturing locally and internationally.
Client experience includes Procter & Gamble, Mead Johnson, 3M, Grupo Modelo, Kraft Foods, DuPont, British American Tobacco, AstraZeneca, BMS, Diageo, Monsanto, Loctite, amongst others.
Experience developing marketing programs in Latin America.
Specialty in Multicultural Markets in the U.S. and Mexico.
Bilingual and bicultural clinician specializing in Latin America and the impact of political, economic and social issues has on individuals’ psyches.
Recognized with numerous honors and awards for her work in Multicultural, gender, and trauma psychology.
Authored and co-authored publications on issues relating to refugees, internally displaced people, political violence and human trafficking.
Media appearances include NBC News, CBS News, the Miami Herald, amongst others.
Academic Director of Part-Time MBA Programs & Clinical Assistant Professor of Business Administration at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
Expertise in consumer behavior, marketing research, international marketing and international business education.
Experience in more than fifty universities, government agencies, and both for-profit and not-for-profit in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa.
These are uncertain times. Political, economic and social changes domestically and globally are unprecedented, and now, more than ever, corporate and government leaders need seasoned navigators who are able to bring an outside global perspective and insight to the boardroom and C-Suite.
In today’s digital era, everyone has the ability to become a publisher of their own thoughts, and affinity groups have the means to organize overnight. Just think about it… we have become global tribes, instantaneously able to share our likes and dislikes with people all around the world.
The power of communication and persuasion has shifted from a select few to the masses, and the masses are not as homogeneous as they once were. Together, these proliferated voices of our Polycultural societies make up the new faces and minds of America.
I’ve spent three decades leading the transformation of multiple segment challenges into defined brand share growth and measurable revenue for F1000’s. Having witnessed firsthand the catastrophic effects that “Cultural Blindness” can have on brands and Shareholder value, I have assembled a team of best-in-class experts from varying disciplines to provide a holistic, competitive advantage to those corporations seeking knowledge, preparedness and capacity to anticipate and protect against cultural blindness and these risks.
There is a saying that “Leaders are like eagles; you find them one at a time.” Perhaps these are not uncertain times after all but times where expert navigators are able to strategize, predict and protect by seeing what others don’t see—as eagles do.
George L. San Jose
Founder & CEO
Strategic depth planned by implementation know-how …
Our reputation is built on a track record of transforming multiple segment challenges into defined brand share strategies that promote growth, preservation and measurable revenue.
Our team consists of the most senior experts in their fields and includes the varying disciplines required to provide holistic hemispheric solutions for the C-Suite and Board.
Our strategic, immediate and long-term solutions are unique, company customized, precise and transcend culture, language and borders.
233 N. Michigan Avenue, 24th Floor
Chicago, IL 60601-5519
- LATIN AMERICA ONLINE: WHAT A CONNECTED LATIN AMERICA MEANS FOR BUSINESSESLATIN AMERICA ONLINE: WHAT A CONNECTED LATIN AMERICA MEANS FOR BUSINESSESBy Cassandra Bremer, Content Manager and Developer at The San Jose Group Latin America is young, online and social, and that creates a huge potential for American companies to win a market share of the continent’s booming emerging middle class. As digital and social strategies are becoming more paramount for read more
- Cuba: A Time Such as Now…Cuba: A Time Such as Now…By George L. San Jose President & COO of The San Jose Network Ltd. When I think of the U.S.-Cuban relationship I imagine two childhood best friends who once had a quarrel. They were neighbors, loved each other dearly, their lives where intertwined in the most intricate ways, and one read more
- Cuba and the U.S.: A Tale of Two CountriesCuba and the U.S.: A Tale of Two CountriesBy George L. San Jose, president and chief operating officer of The San Jose Network. For the first time in over 50 years, the United States and Cuba are formally reestablishing diplomatic ties, leaving implications for American businesses seeking to expand their markets. The Cuban embassy in Washington, D.C. opened its read more
- Appeals Court Rejects Lawsuit Against Wal-Mart DirectorsAppeals Court Rejects Lawsuit Against Wal-Mart DirectorsChief Judge William Riley wrote that the shareholders, including the Louisiana Municipal Police Employees' Retirement System, did "not give rise to a reasonable reference" that the board of directors learned of the suspected bribery while it was being read more
- Why Chipotle Could Become An Activist Target
- PulteGroup Soars on Activist Deal, BuybacksPulteGroup Soars on Activist Deal, BuybacksPulteGroup got a big boost from a strong quarterly report and saw shareholders drive the stock up after news that it struck a deal with activist investor Paul Singer's Elliott Management. The stock gained more than 5 percent Thursday, driven in part by a read more
- Investor Activists Get Their ShareInvestor Activists Get Their Share"Many activist investor campaigns begin when an investor identifies what they believe is an undervalued company," says Mark Rogers, founder and CEO of BoardProspects.com, a board recruitment network. “They then take an equity position – sometimes as low as 1.5 percent – and begin a campaign to encourage the company's read more
- Sumner Redstone Drama Spawns Exec Exodus at ViacomSumner Redstone Drama Spawns Exec Exodus at Viacom"People forget we are the victims of this whole charade," says one Paramount employee who has been with the studio for a decade. Adds Mark Rogers of BoardProspects, a recruitment firm, "I'm willing to bet that the parties involved in the litigation aren't considering the impact their actions are having read more
- Size matters: CEO paydays are often linked to a company’s size, rather than its performanceSize matters: CEO paydays are often linked to a company’s size, rather than its performanceSize matters: CEO paydays are often linked to a company’s size, rather than its performance It pays well to be an executive at a company that’s hauling in revenue and watching its stock skyrocket. But many times, it pays just as much to sit atop a company that’s read more
- Schultz Chosen For Shentel Board
- Some of Largest Names in Finance Sign on to New Principles for Corporate GovernanceSome of Largest Names in Finance Sign on to New Principles for Corporate GovernanceThe principles include a set for asset managers' role in corporate governance . It calls for asset owners to share voting intentions with corporations, read more
- U.S. Sides With HSBC to Block Release of Money Laundering ReportU.S. Sides With HSBC to Block Release of Money Laundering ReportNEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. government asked a federal appeals court on Thursday to block the release of a report detailing how HSBC Holdings Plc is working to improve its money laundering controls after the British bank was fined $1.92 billion read more
- Mondelez International Names Charles E. Bunch to Board of DirectorsMondelez International Names Charles E. Bunch to Board of Directors“Chuck is another strong addition to our world-class Board of Directors ,” said Irene Rosenfeld, Chairman and CEO. “His strategic skills and strong read more
- SDI Appoints Bryan Ganz to the Board of Directors and Provides Corporate UpdateSDI Appoints Bryan Ganz to the Board of Directors and Provides Corporate UpdateSecurity Devices International Inc. (“SDI” or “The Company”) is pleased to announce the appointment of Bryan Ganz to the board of directors , and read more
- Benjamin R. Humphreys, Jr. Elected to Bay Trust’s Board of DirectorsBenjamin R. Humphreys, Jr. Elected to Bay Trust’s Board of DirectorsBay Banks of Virginia, Inc. (BAYK), holding company of Bank of Lancaster and Bay Trust Company, announces that Benjamin R. Humphreys, Jr. has been elected to Bay Trust Company's Board of Directors read more
- Congratulations to BoardProspects Member, Roger Harding on his recent appointment to Clearfield, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLFD)!Congratulations to BoardProspects Member, Roger Harding on his recent appointment to Clearfield, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLFD)!Congratulations to BoardProspects Member, Roger Harding on his recent appointment to Clearfield, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLFD)! https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/07/14/856115/0/en/Clearfield-Appoints-Roger-Harding-Former-Senior-Executive-at-Alcatel-Lucent-to-Board-of-Directors.html#.V4kY4tdNBJI.linkedin read more
- Congratulations to BoardProspects Member, Susan Kantor on her appointment to Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: LIOX)!Congratulations to BoardProspects Member, Susan Kantor on her appointment to Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: LIOX)!Congratulations to BoardProspects Member, Susan Kantor on her appointment to Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: LIOX)! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/lionbridge-names-susan-kantor-lionbridge-130000772.html read more
- Great Article From BoardProspects Member Jeffrey WilliamsGreat Article From BoardProspects Member Jeffrey WilliamsCybercrime, reputation risk and regulatory change are top concerns of many boards, according to Jeffrey R. Williams, a member of the boards of directors of China Universal Asset Management and Shanghai F-Road Commercial Services Co. In the following interview, originally published in 2016 Directors’ Alert: Ingredients for Success, Striking the Right read more
- U.S. CEOs Back Board Diversity, GAAP Adherence in Reform PushU.S. CEOs Back Board Diversity, GAAP Adherence in Reform PushBy Ross Kerber BOSTON (Reuters) - Leaders of top U.S. companies and investment firms on Thursday released a set of governance recommendations meant to encourage long-term economic growth, an unusual step that drew mixed reviews from advocates of deeper corporate reforms read more
- Aspen Re Joins Women in the Boardroom as a Corporate MemberAspen Re Joins Women in the Boardroom as a Corporate MemberAspen Re Joins Women in the Boardroom as a Corporate Member NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Jul 21, 2016) - Women in the Boardroom (WIB), a leading global organization committed to advancing women in the workplace and into corporate boardrooms, announced today that Aspen Re, the reinsurance segment of Aspen Insurance read more
- Women on Boards in Finance and STEM IndustriesWomen on Boards in Finance and STEM IndustriesWomen on Boards in Finance and STEM Industries Posted by Renee Adams, University of New South Wales and Tom Kirchmaier, London School of Economics , on Monday, July 11, 2016 More from: Renee Adams , Tom Kirchmaier Renee Adams is Professor of Finance at the University of New South Wales read more
- Ackman’s Holdings Plummet Thanks to Valeant, HerbalifeAckman’s Holdings Plummet Thanks to Valeant, Herbalife“Of course our performance to date is a negative number — negative 14 percent in the private funds and negative 18 percent in Pershing Square Holdings,” the activist investor clarified later on the call. Despite the overall weak performance of the read more
- Big Funds Push Back Against Activist Investor SettlementsBig Funds Push Back Against Activist Investor SettlementsAfter years of support for companies that hand board seats to activists to avoid a bruising public fight, some of the world's largest institutional investors are pushing back read more
- Criminal Probe Casts 2009 Ackman-Target Boardroom Brawl in New LightCriminal Probe Casts 2009 Ackman-Target Boardroom Brawl in New LightBOSTON (Reuters) - A widening criminal probe casts new light on a bitter defeat hedge fund activist Bill Ackman suffered in his 2009 bid for board seats at U.S. retailer Target Corp. Target for years has paid proxy solicitor Georgeson LLC to track the votes of its top investors. This read more
- 3 New Members Appointed to Board of Singapore Land Authority,3 New Members Appointed to Board of Singapore Land Authority,Three new members have been appointed to the board of the Singapore Land Authority, the Ministry of Law announced on Monday (July 4). They are Mr Yeoh Oon Jin, the executive chairman of PricewaterhouseCoopers Singapore; Ms Lock Yin Mei, a partner at Allen & Overy LLP, and Mr Ho Chee read more
- Sullivan Nominated for TCF Financial Board of DirectorsSullivan Nominated for TCF Financial Board of DirectorsThe board of directors of TCF Financial announced that Julie H. Sullivan will stand for election to the TCF board of directors at the 2016 Annual read more
- Hedge fund Eyeing TeamHealth Board Seats Found Schlichting at WalgreenHedge fund Eyeing TeamHealth Board Seats Found Schlichting at WalgreenA New York hedge fund attempting to insert hospital CEO Nancy Schlichting and two other representatives into the board of directors of TeamHealth read more